We are a Dedicated, Committed and Enthusiastic Team of Professionals
Saltgate Shipmanagement is an independent and privately owned ship management organisation, specialised in crew management. We provide Officers, Engineers and Crew from Eastern Europe and the Philippines to vessel operators and owners and attend our clients’ business needs with dedication and commitment.
Today, we have more than 300 crew on board and a large active pool ashore. Saltgate Shipmanagement is ready to grow and we would love to hear from you.
Work with a Highly Qualified and Experienced Team that Provides a Very Personalised and Dedicated Service to their Business Partners
Global Reach – Local Presence
Saltgate Shipmanagement is operating from offices in Limassol, Cyprus and Stade, Germany. Our office teams are highly qualified and experienced and provide a very personalised and dedicated service to our clients.
Our services in Germany are fully compliant with German Tonnage Tax regulations.
The office location of Saltgate Germany in Stade is called ‘SALZTOR-Vorstadt’, which means ‘SALTGATE-suburb’. ‘SALZTOR’ is an ancient gateway to the middle age city-wall and quite well known in the area. In addition, it ‘smells’ a bit like saltwater.
Vision, Mission & Values
To be recognized as a most reliable, safe and efficient shipping company!
To be a long-term partner to our clients and to contribute with reliable, sustainable and cost effective solutions, creating value and opportunities for ship owners and operators!
Our priority is the safety and health of our employees and those we serve and the protection of the environment.
Fair and long lasting partnerships with our business associates are very important to us. We respect people we work with, credit team members on board and ashore and are always looking for ways we can improve.
We live by the words Respect, Integrity and Team!
Discover the Dedicated, Cost Effective and Specialised Support that Our Boutique Ship Management Company can offer!
As a specialised Crew Provider, Saltgate Shipmanagement is dedicated in offering each principal our utmost attention and the highest level of service.
We offer the ability and resources to man Bulk Carriers, Container Vessels, Multi-Purpose Vessels, Reefers, Trawlers, Factory Vessels and smaller units such as Sea River Vessels with selected crew employed to meet the specific requirements of each individual client, supporting and encouraging safe and efficient maritime operations.
Through our DNV-GL MLC certification on the basis of ISO 9001 standards and our personalised and experienced support in crew management, we have reached and maintain an Officers repeater rate in excess of 90% and consistently close to 90% for Ratings.
Furthermore, we have achieved to reduce crewing costs to ship owners and operators through our network of trusted manning agencies, port agents, travel agencies and our other business partners.
Saltgate Shipmanagement’s service to ship owners and operators includes, but is not limited to:
- Selection and recruitment of qualified officers and ratings from Eastern Europe and the Philippines in accordance with the clients’ requirements
- Concluding Seafarer Employment Agreements with the selected seafarers based on agreed wages scales
- Deployment of seafarers to the vessels and repatriation of off-signing crew, inclusive flight- and visa-arrangements and transportation in the port of embarkation / disembarkation from the airport to the vessel and v.v.
- Ensuring proper and adequate crew certification according to STCW and other relevant rules and regulations, including flag state requirements
- Payment and accounting of crew wages, CTM, home allotments
- Payment of crew agent fees and port agent handling fees, etc.
- Monitoring of crew performance
- Maintenance of a data base and records for all crew details and certificates, in accordance with GDPR requirements
- Crew training, including on-board training scheme for Catering Teams
- Crew P&I Insurance and related claims handling
Regular process analysis, appraisals and training programs aimed at constant improvement in proficiency, effectiveness and cost reduction, have resulted in an excellent level of service for our clients.
We have extended our scope of maritime services from crew management to include full technical and new building supervision as well as purchasing.
Our experienced team guides client vessels through today’s competitive maritime environment, cost effectively, safely and efficiently.
Saltgate Shipmanagement (Cyprus) Ltd
55z, Spyrou Kyprianou Avenue (Kolonakiou)
4042 Limassol / Cyprus
Tel: +357 25 33 24 40
Contact Person: Mrs. Uta Steffen
Saltgate Shipmanagement GmbH
An der Werft 7-11
Tel: + 49 4141 40 700 40
Contact Person: Mr. Lukas Oltmann